Planning Your Field Trip
Before Your Visit
We encourage you to review our webpage and share information about the farm with your students.
- Allow your students to share any previous experience they may have of the farm.
- Plan your visit accordingly; know when your tour(s) and hayride(s) are.
- Allow for some extra time prior to them allowing for a late bus, bathroom break, and quick stretch. Also consider visiting our farm museum, bathroom breaks upon departure and when to have snack/lunch.
Review the following guidelines with your students and adult chaperones.
There is no petting or feeding of the animals.
- The farm is a public place and we ask all groups to be mindful of our other guests. (i.e. no yelling, running, throwing, etc)
- Please be on time to your tour and hayride. We operate on a tight schedule and any delay greatly affects other groups.
- Only three adults will be allowed on the tour with the students. This policy is strictly enforced to allow for a positive learning experience for the students.
- Groups are required to clean up after themselves. Please leave the picnic areas as clean as you found them.
Arriving at Muscoot Farm
- When you enter the parking lot, please direct the bus driver to drop off students at main entrance and park at the back of the lot.
- If parents are driving they may use the public parking area.
- Your group may assemble in front of the Reception Center while one teacher comes to the Farm Office (second floor above the Reception Center) to register your group.
- This teacher will receive a (reminder) schedule for the day (for all classes).
Back In Your Classroom
- Upon returning to the classroom encourage your students and chaperones to discuss their experience.
- Connect their new knowledge of the farm to the lessons you are currently doing (or already did).
- Encourage your students to use their imagination and creativity through writing, drawing or playing, to describe their experience.