What's there to do?
Muscoot Farm is a place where you can experience history, agriculture, and wildlife in a family-friendly atmosphere. Once a working dairy farm, today it is a Westchester County park open to the public 362 days of the year.
On our 777 acres, you can:
- Visit our animals by walking up to their pens or inside their barns
- We have a variety of breeds of livestock and poultry
- View historic buildings such as the Milk House, the Ice House, the Brooder House, and the Carriage House
- Stroll through the Farm Museum
- Attend one of our special events or educational programs (See our calendar)
- Hike 6+ miles of scenic trails to observe local wildlife (download a trail map here)
- Grab a bite to eat at our concession stand (open seasonally).
There is no parking or entrance fee for individuals or families and a typical visit can last 1 to 2 hours, but can be made longer if you bring a lunch and are up for exploring the scenery out back! Please remember that no pets are permitted on the property for the safety of our animals' health and wellbeing.
Rules for Touring the Farm
For the safety of you and the animals, all visitors must adhere to the following rules:
- Please keep hands and fingers away from the animal enclosures
- Please do not pet or feed the animals, they have prescribed diets and feeding them something foreign can cause illness
- Please use indoor voices and do not run throughout the farm as loud noises can scare or stress the animals
- Please do not toss anything into the animal enclosures and discard any waste you may have in the trash receptacles to keep our animals safe and healthy
- No pets are permitted on the property for the safety of our animals' health and mental wellbeing
Muscoot Farm is on Route 100 nestled between Somers, Katonah, and Yorktown. We are about 1 mile south of the intersection of Route 100 and Route 35. Please note, there is one entrance to the parking lot on the southern most turn-in. Please do not enter or block the labeled, "Staff Only" entrances.
Google maps: 51 Route 100, Katonah, NY 10536