Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grounds keeping, facility maintenance, and livestock care
- Mowing, trail maintenance, light carpentry, and painting
- Basic equipment use and maintenance
- Janitorial housekeeping
- Cleaning stalls and barns
- Set up and breakdown of programs and events
- Patron guidance, assistance, and other various tasks
Qualifications and Requirements:
Preference given to those with experience in equipment operation, maintenance, animal care, and/or educational backgrounds.
- Minimum of one year of experience working on one or more of the following: an agricultural operation, veterinary office/clinic, or educational setting
- General knowledge of livestock care/handling
- Gardening and horticultural experience a plus
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.
- General knowledge of using hand and ride-on equipment for various tasks, including mowers, weedwhackers, and other small equipment
- Ability to communicate and interact positively with public
- Possess a strong work ethic with ability and willingness to work outdoors in all weather
Background check is required.
Hours and Salary:
The position of Recreation Attendant is a year-round, hourly position. Schedule is on a rotating basis and will include at least one day of weekend work. Working hours are 8am to 4pm.
Westchester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer